Hostingstep Benchmarks – Testing Parameters & Analysis
The Hostingstep performance benchmarks are reliable, data-driven and transparent in nature. Our 24×7 repeated tests along with real-world data ensures, you are picking the ideal hosting solution for your online business.
How HostingStep works?
We are monitoring most of the top hosting providers in the market.
- We signed up with hosting companies as a regular customer.
- We deployed WordPress site on all our test sites.
- The test sites will be monitored 24×7 for response time and uptime by four of the industry's best tools.
- We perform server-level tests to benchmark RAM, CPU, disk speed, and Network speed.
Talk something about the testing process.
We always believe in Performance-based results. That means Live Raw Data. We consider the following metrics to evaluate a web hosting company
- TTFB (Time to First Byte)
- WordPress Performance Test
- Customer Support
TTFB (Time to First Byte) is often referred to as Response time. More than 600ms of initial response time is considered as timeout according to new Google Core Web Vitals standards. We ping all those test sites from ten USA locations to determine the average response time.
Uptime. We use two industry leading tools to monitor the uptime with 1-minute and 5-minute interval checks, to minimize false uptime errors.
WordPress Performance Test. At the WordPress backend, we perform a series of operations to benchmark the CPU & RAM, database, Disk Speed, and Network speed.
Customer Support. We use a Twitter monitoring tool to evaluate real customers thoughts. We also have a large database of user reviews.