How To Enable Object Cache Pro in Cloudways?
I am sure of what brings you here, and you must be looking for a decent guide on how to enable Object Cache Pro in Cloudways. In this post, I will walk you through every detail of Cloudways Object Cache Pro and, most importantly, elaborate on how you can enable and use Object Cache Pro in Cloudways.
I will explain the Object Cache Pro installation in Cloudways for both new and existing servers. I have tried to keep the explanation simple for your quick understanding. Hopefully, you will have excellent clarity on the topic by reaching the end of the post.
Enable Object Cache Pro in Cloudways
Object Cache Pro Installation for New Server & Application
Object Cache Pro will be auto-enabled and activated if you are about to create a new server. However, it is also essential to ensure that you are on a 2GB or higher server configuration and use a 7.3 or higher PHP version.
Once you confirm that, Object Cache Pro will support all the WordPress applications on the same server. Remember that you won't get it with a clean WordPress application.
Object Cache Pro Installation for Existing Server & Application
For existing servers and applications, you have to ensure that your server meets the mandatory requirements.
Here are the steps you need to follow to install the Object Cache Pro plugin:
- First things first, you have to ensure that your server meets the requirements for installing the Object Cache Pro plugin as mentioned above
- Next, you have to install Redis, and you can do it by getting to the Settings and Packages option
- In case you already have Redis installed, you can uninstall and reinstall it
- After that, the Object Cache Pro plugin will be automatically configured on all supported WordPress applications on the same server.
Using the Object Cache Pro Plugin
Now that you know how to install the Object Cache Pro Plugin in Cloudways, it's time to look at using the plugin. Here are a few simple steps you need to follow to use the plugin:
- First, you need to login into your WordPress admin panel and get to your WordPress dashboard
- Next, you should get to the Plugins option and then to Installed Plugins
- After that, you need to click on Must-Use Plugins as the Object Cache Pro plugin works as a Must-User plugin
- Next, you need to click on Health, and this is pretty much it to get the plugin up and running
What is Object Cache Pro?
While WordPress is heavily dependent on the database, it's essential to improve performance for the efficacy and efficiency of the WordPress applications largely. This is where Object Cache Pro comes into play. Object Cache Pro is a business class Redis object cache backend for WordPress, which is highly reliable, optimized, and customizable. Using Object Cache Pro helps WordPress sites deliver queries faster by drastically reducing the load on the database.
Cloudways has tied up with Object Cache Pro and offers the premium plugin for free on 2GB and above servers. The initiative has been a commendable move on the part of Cloudways since it's going to cut down the cost of eCommerce sites with high traffic to a large extent. Object Cache Pro works better than the Cloudways free Redis Cache and other popular cache plugins such as W3 Total Cache, LiteSpeed Cache, and WP Redis.
Object Cache Pro Features
Object Cache comes with exceptionally advanced features, and here are some essential elements of Object Cache Pro:
- Faster & Raw Performance
- Continuously Tested
- WooCommerce Support
- Better Debugging & Logging
- 100% API Compliant
- Seamless Integration
- Premium Support
After reading this post this far, you must know how to enable Object Cache Pro in Cloudways. I have explained the Object Cache Pro installation process for both new and existing servers. I have also demonstrated your server's mandatory requirements to enable Object Cache Pro in Cloudways.
Besides, I have described how you can use this plugin. It wouldn't be wrong to say that the installation steps are straightforward, and the plugin is easy to use.
1. What is the required server and PHP configuration for using the Cloudways Object Cache Pro plugin?
Cloudways users can use Object Cache Pro for free, provided that they are on a 2GB or above server and use 7.3 or higher PHP.
2. Can Cloudways Object Cache Pro be used in a Staging environment?
Yes, Cloudways users can also use Object Cache Pro in a staging environment. However, they must ensure that they are on a 2GB or above server and 7.3 or higher PHP.
3. Will Cloudways Object Cache Pro work as one downgrade from a 2GB server?
If a user downgrades from a 2GB server, Cloudways Object Cache Pro will automatically get disabled.