Best Web Hosting (August 2017) – Buyer’s Guide
Choosing the best web hosting should be the ideal step for online business and we at Hostingstep did performance analysis of top companies and bringing you the best web hosting companies list that never let's you down.
To find the best web hosting company, what I did is
- Bought an web hosting account with multiple companies and installed WordPress on it.
- Started monitoring response time and uptime to find the fastness & reliability of the servers
- We spent $60 purchasing 5 different domain names and $450 to get hosting account from multiple web hosting companies.
I started monitoring the servers from August 2016 and the data from multiple tools identified the best web hosting services and here you go.
Best Web Hosting Companies (Aug 2017 Updated)
The #1 Recommended Web Hosting in all aspects
The Fastest Hosting (172 ms loading time)
99.99% uptime,390ms loading time
The Cheapest web hosting we recommend
Good uptime but somewhat slow loading servers
HostingStep #1 Recommendation : SiteGround
The WordPress.org (official) recommended web hosting company is SiteGround. They are in business from 2004 and giving out a serious competition to other hosting companies.
SiteGround team developed an inbuilt caching mechanism that helps anyone to make the website load faster without the need of developers. The unique features of SiteGround includes
- SSD Hosting with five datacenters across the globe.
- Nginx based servers gives better performance than Apache.
- CloudFare CDN optimized servers.
- HTTP/2 enabled servers - The new technology for fast loading objects.
- Specializes in proactive server monitoring stops unknown attacks at server level itself.
- eCommerce supported technologies.
SiteGround costs $3.95/month and I'm pretty sure you will get the best value for money in terms of server performance and awesome customer support.
To learn more about how we spend $2500 on hosting and tools to find the best web hosting ? You can actually have an look into our testing parameters.
HostingStep #2 Recommendation : A2 Hosting
The #1 Fastest hosting, Hands-down. A2 Hosting loads abruptly faster offering fastest hosting in the industry. Even I tried to tweak other hosting companies to load faster than A2 Hosting, but nothing comes closer to A2 Hosting apart from SiteGround.
A2 Hosting loads with 172 ms and 99.98% uptime during most of the testing periods. Some of the exclusive features of A2 Hosting includes
- 20X faster servers
- Even faster Turbo hosting available ( we tested our site with non turbo servers, I wonder how much speed the website loads with Turbo servers.
- SSD drives on servers
- Performance Plus Option - Maintains traffic spikes during peak times.
- Railgun Optimizer (143% faster HTML load times) comes only with A2 Hosting.
- Server rewind backups for easy site restoration.
Most of the above features helps A2 Hosting to offer fast loading servers and for their speed, I suggest we can pay them $3.92/month to start your websites
HostingStep #3 Recommendation : FastComet
I accept that it loads somewhat slower than A2 Hosting but still when it comes to pricing and other features, FastComet beats every other hosting companies in the list.
For Example, the list of unique features and offers provided by FastComet are
- Free domain name for lifetime ( Save $15 every year )
- Free GlobalSign SSL ( First year free for some plans, lifetime free for SpeedUp plans)
- Same renewal price for lifetime ( save 5x renewal costs)
- Free Personal DNS
- Five layers caching mechanism
- Free daily backups upto 30 days
- BitNinja powered security
You can see the above features are unique under FastComet and I bet none of the hosting companies offers such features and offers for such an competitive price starting from $2.95/month.
40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
HostingStep #4 Recommendation : TMDHosting
The under rated web hosting company which is unknown to most people out there. They are in hosting business from 2007 and recently they moved the entire infrastructure into cloud platform thus delivering optimized performance even for shared hosting plans.
TMDHosting offers competitive pricing yet comes with unique features like
- Complete cloud based infrastructure even for shared hosting.
- SSD based storage with six layers of caching mechanism.
- Spam Experts mailbox technology eradicating most spam mails before reaching inbox.
- Seven data center locations most by any company.
- Jetbackup usually costs few dollars every months comes free of cost to TMD users.
- 60 days long money back guarantee.
TMDHosting costs $2.85/month which is the cheapest web hosting prices of all companies we tested till now. For some higher costs of $5.85/month, they are offering cutting edge cloud hosting with all features of shared hosting.
HostingStep #5 Recommendation : InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting costs higher than other hosting but their services never let you down. I recommend InMotion Hosting to all my US visitors since they own multiple data centers in US locations. It will ideal for business focusing on US customers.
InMotion Hosting offers the following features
- Free domain for first year
- SSD drive based servers.
- The industry leading 90 days money back guarantee.
- Free data backups and one click restorer.
- Gsuite integrations for growing organizations.
- Free website migrations.
InMotion Hosting costs $5.99/month , the higher priced shared hosting company I tested till now. Though the website load time is higher, the servers are just perfect attaining 99.99% uptime and even 100% uptime few months back. Instead of Inmotion Hosting, you can go for cost effective hosting like FastComet.