If you are reading this post right now, you are looking for good clarity on Cloudways pricing. I presume you are already quite familiar with the Cloudways features and how they work. I am not going to talk any further about how the service works. Instead, I will provide you with a comprehensive post on the various Cloudways plans and pricing.
For your convenience of understanding, I will break the Cloudways pricing into as much as possible. I am sure you will have good clarity on the Cloudways pricing by reaching the end of the post.
Cloudways is a Managed Cloud Hosting platform that uses virtualization technology to help you host applications and websites using cloud resources in virtual machines.
The Cloud hosting architecture differs from traditional hosting and doesn't use a single server. Instead, it uses a network of connected virtual and physical cloud servers to ensure enhanced flexibility and scalability.
- How much do Cloudways plans cost?
- Cloudways Pricing Plans: Overview
- Cloudways Hosting Cost Per Month
- How do the plans of the different cloud providers differ?
- How does one choose the right plan for one's project?
- Things to keep in mind while choosing a Cloudways plan
- Frequently Asked Questions
How much do Cloudways plans cost?
Before we get to the pricing, it's essential to understand that Cloudways has tie-ups with five cloud providers. DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform. We should first look at the lowest tier plans under the five Cloud providers.
- DigitalOcean: $10 per month
- Linode: $12 per month
- Vultr: $11 per month
- AWS: $36.51 per month
- Google Cloud: $33.18 per month
All the Cloudways plans come with the following features in common:
- 24/7/365 Support
- Free SSL
- CDN Add-on
- Free Migration
- Unlimited Application Installation
- Dedicated Firewalls
- 24/7 Real-time Monitoring
- Automated Backups
- Staging Environment
- Optimized With Advanced Caches
- Auto Healing
- Regular Security Patching
Each one of these cloud providers has one's plan and pricing. We will look into the pricing of these cloud providers one by one.
Cloudways Pricing Plans: Overview
Cloudways pricing is based on the pay-as-you-go model, which means you scale up or scale down your cloud resources and pay according to that as per the actual needs of your business.
Cloudways DigitalOcean has the cheapest pricing, and DigitalOcean plans range from $10 per month to $1035 per month. Linode pricing is slightly more affordable than DigitalOcean and ranges from $12 per month to $1205 per month. Vultr plans range from $11 per month to $385 per month. However, Vultr comes with more storage than DigitalOcean and Linode for nearly the same price range.
Google Cloud plans are equally popular as AWS plans. However, Google Cloud plans are slightly cheaper than the AWS plans. Cloudways AWS plans are the most expensive plans, and AWS pricing ranges from $36.51 per month to $3569.98 per month. Google Cloud plans range from $33.80 per month to $1290.30 per month.
Whatever the plan you choose, don't forget to use our High discounted Cloudways Coupon Code to get a 25% discount for the first month.
Cloudways Hosting Cost Per Month
DigitalOcean, Linode, and Vultr provide customers with many affordable plans to choose from. As far as the Cloudways cost per month, DigitalOcean and Linode have the cheapest lowest tier plans. However, if we look closely at the Linode pricing, it is a bit cheaper than DigitalOcean.
Choosing from one of these three cloud providers is wise if you need just 1 core Processor. 1 Core Processor-based plans are not available in AWS and Google Cloud. Vultr is exceptionally generous in storage and bandwidth, with storage up to 768GB and Bandwidth up to 8TB, while storage and bandwidth in AWS are constant for all plans. AWS has a storage of 20GB and a bandwidth of 2GB for all the plans. The same holds true for Google Cloud as well.
2 Core Processor-based plans start at $50 per month with 4GB RAM in DigitalOcean, and Linode, while 2 Core Processor-based plans start at $44 per month in Vultr. Further, Vultr's lowest tier 2 Processor plan comes with a storage of 128GB and 3TB Bandwidth. 4GB RAM and 2vCPU. The plan starts at $86.77 per month, which is a lot more expensive than the former three cloud providers' pricing. 2vCPU plans start at $138.52 per month in Google Cloud, making it pretty expensive.
Cloudways DigitalOcean Pricing
Cloudways DigitalOcean comes with Standard and Premium plans. Standard plans comprise eleven plans, with the lowest tier plan priced at $10 per month. The highest plan costs $1035 per month and comes with the maximum resources.
- DO 1GB: $10 per month, 1 GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 25 GB Storage, 1 TB Bandwidth
- DO 2GB: $22 per month, 2 GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 50 GB Storage, 2 TB Bandwidth
- DO 4GB: $42 per month, 4 GB RAM, 2 Core Processor, 80 GB Storage, 4 TB Bandwidth
- DO 8GB: $80 per month, 8 GB RAM, 4 Core Processor, 160 GB Storage, 5 TB Bandwidth.
DigitalOcean Premium comprises six amazing plans. Customers can start for as low as $12 per month. The highest plan is ideal for those looking for high resources, and the plan costs $160 per month. Here are the plan details:
- DO 1GB: $12 per month, 1 GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 25 GB Storage, 1 TB Bandwidth
- DO 2GB: $26 per month, 2 GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 50 GB Storage, 2 TB Bandwidth
- DO 4GB: $50 per month, 4 GB RAM, 2 Core Processor, 80 GB Storage, 4 TB Bandwidth
- DO 8GB: $96 per month, 8 GB RAM, 4 Core Processor, 160 GB Storage, 6 TB Bandwidth
DigitalOcean plans come with eight global data center locations. If you are looking for managed Cloud hosting for a small project that doesn't require more than 1 RAM, 1 Core, and 25 GB Storage, you can go with the DigitalOcean lowest tier plan, DO1GB, for $10 per month. This is also an excellent place to start and upgrade cloud resources according to the growing needs of your project.
For maximum resources, you can consider the highest tier DigitalOcean plan, DO192GB, which comes with 192GB, 32 Core, 3840GB Storage, and 12TB bandwidth.
Cloudways Linode Pricing
Cloudways Linode comes with ten great plans. The lowest tier plan starts at $12 per month. Customers can choose the highest tier plan for the maximum resources. The plan costs $1,205 per month. Here are the Linode plan details:
- Linode 1GB: $12 per month, 1GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 25 GB Storage, 1 TB Bandwidth
- Linode 2GB: $24 per month, 2 GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 50 GB Storage, 2 TB Bandwidth
- Linode 4GB: $50 per month, 4 GB RAM, 2 Core Processor, 80 GB Storage, 4 TB Bandwidth
- Linode 8GB: $90 per month, 8 GB RAM, 4 Core Processor, 160 GB Storage, 5 TB Bandwidth
When your website starts to grow, you can upgrade your cloud resources by upgrading to an ideal higher Linode plan. Linode plans come with eleven global data center locations. You can start for as low as $12 per month with 1GB RAM, 1 Core, and 25GB Storage. Linode has ten different plans, and Linode 192GB is the highest tier Linode plan with 192GB RAM, 32 Core, and 20TB Storage. However, Linode 4GB happens to be the most popular plan.
Cloudways Vultr Pricing
Cloudways Vultr comes with its Standard and High-Frequency plans. We will get to the differences between the two types of plans. Vultr Standard comes with seven different plans.
The lowest tier plan starts at $11 per month, and the highest tier plan costs $385 per month. It's time to look at the details of the Standard plans now, and they are:
- VULTR 1GB: $11 per month, 1GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 25 GB Storage, 1 TB Bandwidth
- VULTR 2GB: $23 per month, 2 GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 50 GB Storage, 2 TB Bandwidth
- VULTR 4GB: $44 per month, 4 GB RAM, 2 Core Processor, 80 GB Storage, 3 TB Bandwidth
- VULTR 8GB: $84 per month, 8 GB RAM, 4 Core Processor, 160 GB Storage, 4 TB Bandwidth
Here are the Cloudways Vultr High Frequency plan details:
- VULTR 1GB: $13 per month, 1GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 32 GB Storage, 1 TB Bandwidth
- VULTR 2GB: $26 per month, 2 GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, 64 GB Storage, 2 TB Bandwidth
- VULTR 4GB: $50 per month, 4 GB RAM, 2 Core Processor, 128 GB Storage, 3 TB Bandwidth
- VULTR 8GB: $100 per month, 8 GB RAM, 4 Core Processor, 384 GB Storage, 4 TB Bandwidth
Vultr plans come with as many as nineteen global data center locations. Vultr has nine different plans for the customers to choose from. The lowest tier plan starts at $11 per month with 1GB RAM, 1 Core Processor, and 25GB of Storage.
As your website begins to grow, you can upgrade to higher plans to have more resources for your website. VULTR 64GB is the highest tier plan and has the maximum resources. You can consider choosing it only when your website is tremendous and drives high traffic.
Cloudways AWS Pricing
Cloudways AWS comes with a wide range of plans, as many as eighteen different plans. The cloud provider allows customers to start for as low as $36.51 per month, and customers can have the maximum resources by selecting the highest tier AWS plan, which costs $3569.98 per month. That way, customers indeed have a lot to choose from.
- AWS Small: $36.51 per month, 2GB RAM, 2vCPU Processor, 20 GB Storage, 2GB Bandwidth
- AWS Medium: $86.77 per month, 4GB RAM, 2vCPU Processor, 20 GB Storage, 2GB Bandwidth
- AWS CO Large: $158.26 per month, 4GB RAM, 2vCPU Processor, 20 GB Storage, 2GB Bandwidth
- AWS Large: $176..26 per month, 8GB RAM, 2vCPU Processor, 20 GB Storage, 2GB Bandwidth
The AWS Medium plan happens to be the most popular of all the eighteen AWS plans. AWS doesn't offer a free trial. However, customers can configure the Disk sizes as per their project requirements. The bandwidth is based on pay as you go basis.
AWS provides customers with twenty global data center locations to select from. AWS allows customers to start for as low as $36.51 per month for 2GB RAM, 2vCPU, 20GB Storage, and 2GB Bandwidth. This is an ideal plan for any small website.
AWS plans are a bit more expensive than the former three cloud providers. You can have the maximum resources with the AWS 24XL plan, 384GB, 96vCPU, 20GB Storage, and 2GB Bandwidth.
Cloudways GCP Pricing
Cloudways GCP comes with eleven great plans. The lowest tier plan starts at $33.18 per month, and the highest tier plan costs $1290.30 per month.
- GCE Small: $33.18 per month, 1.70 GB RAM, 1vCPU Processor, 20 GB Storage, 2 GB Bandwidth
- GCE n1-std-1: $73.50 per month, 3.75 GB RAM, 1vCPU Processor, 20 GB Storage, 2 GB Bandwidth
- GCE n1-std-2: $138.52 per month, 7.5 GB RAM, 2vCPU Processor, 20 GB Storage, 2 GB Bandwidth
- GCE HC4: $187.48 per month, 4 GB RAM, 4vCPU Processor, 20 GB Storage, 2 GB Bandwidth
The GCE n1-std-1 plan is the most popular among all the GCP plans. Like AWS, GCP doesn't offer a free trial on its plans. The GCP Disk sizes are configurable, and bandwidth is based on the pay-as-you-go model.
Google Cloud hosting is undoubtedly not the cheapest Cloud hosting in the market. However, it is extensively used and trusted because of its excellent performance and security. Google Cloud has eleven cloud hosting plans for the customers to choose from. Google Cloud plans come with eighteen global data center locations. If you're obsessed with GCP and looking for a cheaper alternative, then try Templ as their plan starts from $15/month.
You can quickly scale up your resources in Google Cloud according to the growing requirement of your website. The lowest tier plan in Google Cloud costs $33.18 per month with 1.70GB RAM, 1vCPU Processor, 20GB Storage, and 2GB Bandwidth. The highest-tier plan, GCE n1-std-32, comes with the maximum resources.
How do the plans of the different cloud providers differ?
Now that you have gone through the different Cloudways pricing, it's essential to find out how they differ. The cloud providers and their plans differ mainly in two ways. One is in terms of the server location and another in terms of pricing. While one cloud provider has a specific server location, another may not have the exact same location.
Besides, the pricing structure differs from provider to provider. Further, you may have a favorite cloud provider that you want to always stick to. For example, many customers are fond of the Google Cloud Platform as a cloud provider as they think it offers high performance and security.
How does one choose the right plan for one's project?
Cloudways comes with a wide range of plans that offer customers a better choice. Besides, a lot depends on your project requirements. For example, suppose you are looking forward to starting your first website or blog. You could consider choosing the lowest tier Cloudways plan, DO1GB, or you may choose the lowest tier plan of any of your favorite cloud providers among the five cloud providers.
For medium-sized websites, you could choose a mid-tier plan depending on the resources you need for your website. The high-tier plans are ideal for big websites, online stores, and agencies.
Things to keep in mind while choosing a Cloudways plan
I want you to select an ideal plan for your project. I also want you to be thoroughly familiar with the pricing structure and what it includes and excludes.
- Cloudways charges $0.033/GB per server for offsite backup storage, regardless of your plan.
- Cloudways doesn't offer a free CDN and charges $1 per 25 GB of Bandwidth as a monthly subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best Cloudways plan for hosting a small website or a blog?
Cloudways DigitalOcean Standard plan starts at $10 per month. The plan is the lowest tier plan among all the Cloudways plans and is ideal for hosting a small website or a blog. The plan allows you to host as many sites based on your webspace.
Does Cloudways have a Free CDN?
Cloudways doesn't offer free CDN. However, they've partnered with Cloudflare to offer their Enterprise CDN for just 4.99/site.
What is the ideal Cloudways GCP plan for a medium-sized website?
The GCE n1-std-1 is an ideal plan for medium-sized websites and is also the most popular Cloudways GCP plan. The plan costs $73.50 per month and comes with a RAM of 3.75 G, 1vCPU Processor, 20 GB Storage, and 2 GB Bandwidth.
I am sure you have gained good clarity on Cloudways pricing. I have tried my best to present you with every aspect of Cloudways pricing. Most importantly, I tried addressing some crucial questions that are bound to cross your mind, and now, you should be able to choose the right Cloudways plan for your project without a doubt.